Conissaunce has provided expertise
to a wide range of organisations and individuals. Below is
a selection of recent projects. Click on any name for more
PRPi Consulting Limited
Conissaunce has a long-established relationship with PRPi Consulting
having helped develop their Performance Management Solution and provided technical
support for the production of their surveys. As PRPi has grown it
became necessary to undertake a review and update of their IT infrastructure
and Conissaunce were delighted to be asked to bid for, and to be awarded,
Key components of the project included:
- Review of the existing (Excel/VBA based) surveys.
- Design and development of new corporate database to provide a more scalable
and flexible platform for survey production in future years.
- Development of initial on-line survey application for Asset Management
- Re-design and development of new web site to include content management
The backbone of the new infrastructure is based on Linux and MySQL with all
application development being done using Java. To reduce time to market we
made extensive use of open source libraries such as Struts, Apache POI, and
the Apache commons collection, while Apache and Tomcat provide the web server.
The on-line survey applications are tightly integrated with Microsoft Excel
providing the ability to upload and download data, and distribute reports,
using the ubiquitous Office tool.
The initial phase of the project completed in December 2005. The "Asset
Management Key Staff Compensation Survey" is a truly groundbreaking survey
for which Conissaunce and PRPi developed a completely new algorithmic
approach to job matching known as DataMatch. This moves the PRPi survey away from the
conventional hierarchical structure used by most survey firms, instead automatically
finding the most accurate match for an individual based on a range of criteria
such as job title, function, product, geographic responsibility and performance
The second phase of the project launched during the summer of 2006 with the
annual survey round being completed using the new infrastructure for the first
time. As well as speeding up and simplifying survey production the new infrastructure
allowed PRPi Consulting to present detailed historical trends tailored
to individual firms for the first time.
In January 2007 we completed the core project work adding on-line WYSIWYG
Content Management capabilities to the marketing web site, allowing staff
at PRPi Consulting to edit and maintain all the pages on the web
Asset Management Key Staff Compensation
Survey Version 2.0
After successfully running the DataMatch based survey for two years,
PRPi Consulting decided to expand the offering for 2007. Version 2
introduces two new "Job Family" reports which provide real-time,
cross industry compensation data for groups of related jobs. We've also extended
the existing DataMatch report providing users with greater research capabilities.
For example users can now explore different factors that may be influencing
compensation levels such as experience, degree of responsibility, and
individual performance. In addition, version 2 offers some more
minor enhancements to the reporting capability such as giving users the ability to
display either mean or median, and to include or exclude their own
figures from the industry calculations. The new version went on line September
Asset Management Key Staff Compensation
Survey Version 3.0
In 2010 Conissaune updated the on-line system adding two major new features:
- KSS Job Family Report: The summary report now a stacked bar chart giving a combined view of basic salary, cash bonus and LTIP for firm and industry. Figures can be calculated as either median or mean and displayed either as absolute numbers or as a percentage. The Job Family page has been updated to present all the summary graphs and tables as "Excel-like" tabs and similarly downloading from job family summary produces a single Excel workbook with all 5 graphs and tables the report generates.
- AHHR Portal: We developed a new portal site to serve the Asset Management HR and Compensation Survey Network (AMHR).
PRPi Technical Team:
Charles Humble: Solution Architect/Development Lead
Kristiaana Humble: Database Developer, Testing
Mark Chitty: UI and web design
View the web site